Thursday 17 April 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 17, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nadi' Bertorello and Gerry Rafferty.
Born to Kill, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Doorway to Fame.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 April 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1947 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Nadi' Bertorello: Italian model and second wife of boxer Nino Benvenuti.
- Gerry Rafferty: Musician.
- Charles Frank in Olympia: Washington, USA; actor (The Chisholms, Emerald Point NAS).
- Dan Westergard: American waiter in a San Francisco, CA restaurant.
- George Emslie: Lord Emslie Scottish lawyer and judge.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Athlete.
- Sherrie Levine: American photographer.
- Paul Thomas: American porn actor and director.
- Tsutomu Wakamatsu: Japanese baseball player coach and manager.
- Richard Field: English lawyer and judge.
- Jackie Robinson bunts for his first major league hit.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- My Melancholy Baby - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
- Free Eats - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- Linda - Paul Weston & His Orchestra