Thursday 25 March 1943US date format: 3/25/1943, UK date format: 25/3/1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 25, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Michael Glaser and Francis Forman.
Slightly Dangerous, directed by Wesley Ruggles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 March 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1943!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1943 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Paul Michael Glaser: American actor.
- Francis Forman: British politician born in India, a Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Paul Glaser: American actor of"Starsky and Hutch" fame.
- Pavel Lednev: USSR -- Pentathelete (1980 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- William Ginsburg: American lawyer (d. 2013).
- Jean-Jacques Pascal: French senior official, Prefect, Director General of Information, and Director of 'Direction de la surveillance du territoire' (DST) from 1997 to 2002.
- Ronald Jeffers: Composer.
- 97% of all Dutch physicians strike againt Nazi registration
- Jimmy Durante and Garry Moore premiere on radio
- Start of the American amphibious landings in the Philippines a turning point in the Pacific War.