Thursday 25 March 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pavel Lednev and Ronald Jeffers.
The Falcon Strikes Back, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while Mrs. Parkington by Louis Bromfield was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1943!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1943 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Pavel Lednev: USSR -- Pentathelete (1980 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Ronald Jeffers: Composer.
- Paul Michael Glaser: American actor.
- Francis Forman: British politician born in India, a Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Paul Glaser: American actor of"Starsky and Hutch" fame.
- Jean-Jacques Pascal: French senior official, Prefect, Director General of Information, and Director of 'Direction de la surveillance du territoire' (DST) from 1997 to 2002. The DST was a directorate of the French National Police operating as a domestic intelligence agency. It was responsible for counterespionage, counterterrorism and more generally the security of France against foreign threats and interference.
- William Ginsburg: American lawyer (d. 2013)
- 97% of all Dutch physicians strike againt Nazi registration
- Jimmy Durante and Garry Moore premiere on radio
- Start of the American amphibious landings in the Philippines a turning point in the Pacific War.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?