Monday 22 March 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Benson and Keith Relf.
Cabin in the Sky, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Valley of Decision by Marcia Davenport was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1943!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 March 1943 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- George Benson: Jazz Singer.
- Keith Relf: English singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (The Yardbirds Renaissance and Armaggedon) (d. 1976).
- Jane Statlander: American astrologer who relocated to Raanan, Israel where she writes a column, gives talks and astrology readings, "the English speaker's astrologer.
- Nazem Ganjapour: Iranian footballer and manager (d. 2013).
- Joseph Schwantner: Composer.
- Keith Reif: England, United Kingdom -- Rocker (Yardbirds-For Your Love, Renaissance).
- George Benson in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; singer/guitarist ("Greatest Love of All").
- Obligatory work for woman ends in Belgium
- SS police chief Rauter threatens to kill half Jewish children.
- Dutch work week extended to 54 hours.
- World War II: the entire population of Khatyn in Belarus is burnt alive by German occupation forces.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?