Sunday 28 March 1943US date format: 3/28/1943, UK date format: 28/3/1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 28, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Giovanni Pettenella and Jean-Claude Boulard.
Slightly Dangerous, directed by Wesley Ruggles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 March 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1943!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1943 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Giovanni Pettenella: Italian professional bicyclist, winner of a Gold Medal at Tokyo Olympics in 1964.
- Jean-Claude Boulard
- Richard Eyre: English director producer and screenwriter.
- Conchata Ferrell: American actress.
- Conchata Ferrell in Charleston: West Virginia, USA; actress (Deadly Hero, For Keeps, Susan - L.A.
- Richard Stilgoe: English pianist and songwriter.
- Pierre St-Jean: Canadian weightlifter.
- Mike Newell: Director (Bad Blood, Awakening, Amazing Grace & Chuck).
- In Italy a ship full of weapons and ammunition explodes in the port of Naples, killing 600.