Tuesday 2 March 1943US date format: 3/2/1943, UK date format: 2/3/1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 2, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tony Meehan and Jackson C Frank.
Hoppy Serves a Writ, directed by George Archainbaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Chapionship Wrestling.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 March 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1943!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1943 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Tony Meehan: English drummer (The Shadows and The Vipers Skiffle Group) (d. 2005).
- Jackson C Frank
- Zygfryd Blaut: Polish footballer (d. 2005).
- Rosa DeLauro: American politician (Representative-Democrat-Connecticut).
- Gordon Black: English industrialist.
- John Leeson: Actor.
- Robert Williams: Cartoonist.
- George Layton: English actor director and screenwriter.
- Peter Straub: American novelist and poet.
- Claude Larose: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Stephen Dickman: Composer.
- Alexandre Yersin: Swiss and French physician and bacteriologist.
- 1st transport from Westerbork Netherlands to Sobibor concentration camp
- Sea battle in Bismarck Sea finishes, US and Australia win over Japan.
- World War II: Battle of the Bismarck Sea : United States and Australian forces sink Japanese convoy ships.