Friday 19 March 1943US date format: 3/19/1943, UK date format: 19/3/1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 19, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mario Monti and Susan Hall.
Sherlock Holmes in Washington, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Chapionship Wrestling.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 March 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1943!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1943 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Mario Monti: Italian economist, professor and politician, he became Prime Minister in November 2011 after Silvio Berlusconi stepped down amidst the country's financial turmoil.
- Susan Hall: Point Rayes Station artists.
- Phil Bonnell
- Peter Ball: English sculptor.
- Marie Balladur: French noted family, the wife of politician Edouard Balladur.
- Vern Schuppan: Australian race car driver.
- Mario Molina: Mexican chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Phillip Bonnell: American noted family, the first son of actress Gale Storm and actor Lee Bonnel.
- Mario Molina-Pasquel Henriquez: Mexican-born chemist and one of the most prominent precursors to the discovery of the Antarctic ozone hole.
- Vicente Ripolles: Composer, dies at 75.
- Airship Canadian Star torpedoed and sinks
- Frank Nitti, the Chicago Outfit Boss after Al Capone, commits suicide at the Chicago Central Railyard.