Wednesday 17 March 1943, St. Patrick's Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Don Mitchell in Houston and Jeff Banks.
Hangmen Also Die!, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1943!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1943 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Don Mitchell in Houston: Texas, USA; actor (Mark - Ironside).
- Jeff Banks: Welsh fashion designer.
- Andrew Brook: Canadian philosopher author and academic.
- Don Mitchell: American actor (d. 2013).
- Jim Weatherly: American singer-songwriter.
- Aldemarin (Ned) and Fort Cedar Lake (US) torpedoed and sinks
- Éamon de Valera makes the speech quotThe Ireland That We Dreamed Ofquot, commonly called the quotcomely maidensquot speech.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 March 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?