Sunday 14 March 1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Pons and Jim Pons in Santa Monica.
Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1943!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1943 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Jim Pons: Santa Monica, California -- Bassist (Turtles-Happy Together).
- Jim Pons in Santa Monica: California, USA; bassist (Turtles - "Happy Together").
- Cosimo Pinto: Italian boxer, the winner of a Gold Medal at the Olympics in Tokyo, 1964.
- : American singer guitarist and producer (Ohio Players) (d. 2013).
- Anita Morris: American actress singer and dancer (d. 1994).
- World War II : The Krakow Ghetto is 'liquidated'.
- WWII: British submarine HMS ''Thunderbolt'' sunk off Sicily by an Italian corvette, the second time this vessel has been lost with all hands.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 March 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?