Friday 25 May 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ralph Frederic Howell and John Weitz.
Evolution, directed by Ivan Reitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 May 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1923!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1923 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Ralph Frederic Howell
- John Weitz: Spy / author / fashion designer (Friends in High Places).
- Maurice Allard: French composer and bassoonist.
- Ralph Howell: British politician and Member of Parliament, returned at General Election on 6/11/1987.
- Britain recognizes Transjordan with Abdullah as its leader.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Underneath the Mellow Moon - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- You Know You Belong to Somebody Else (So Why Don't You Leave Me Alone) - Henry Burr
- Saw Mill River Road - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Dreamy Melody - Art Landry & His Orchestra