Saturday 26 May 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 26, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Horst Tappert and James Arness.
Evolution, directed by Ivan Reitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 May 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 1923!
Which were the important events of 26 May 1923 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
- Horst Tappert: German actor in films and TV, starting with a theater debut in 1946.
- James Arness: American actor most noted for the TV series "Gunsmoke," 1955-1975, which was an instant hit that retained popularity for 20 years.
- Jean Sullivan
- William M Magruder
- Roy Dotrice: Channel Islands, Guernsey -- Actor (Wizard).
- William Magruder: American aeronautical engineer and former test pilot who served as a special consultant to President Nixon; he was the Supersonic Transport (SST) Program director under Nixon.
- Horst Tapper: German director / actor (Derrick).
- Alfons Hockmann: Germany Actor.
- Andre Alvarez: France sport Champion.
- James Arness in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; actor (Matt Dillon - Gunsmoke, The Thing).
- Oren Lee: Staley; first president of National Farmers Organization (1955-79).
- André Alvarez: French rugby union player (1.
- Alfons Höckmann: German stage/tv actor, director.
- Socialist Workers Youth International forms in Hamburg, Germany.
- The first 24 Hours of Le Mans motor race is held, and is won by André Lagache and René Léonard.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Underneath the Mellow Moon - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- You Know You Belong to Somebody Else (So Why Don't You Leave Me Alone) - Henry Burr
- Saw Mill River Road - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Dreamy Melody - Art Landry & His Orchestra