Thursday 17 May 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 17, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Mennin[i] in Erie and Merton Miller.
Jack and the Beanstalk, directed by Gary J. Tunnicliffe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 May 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1923!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1923 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Merton Miller: Economist.
- Peter Mennin[i] in Erie: Pennsylvania, USA; composer (Moby Dick).
- Miles Wingate: deputy master (Trinity House).
- Michael Beetham: English commander and pilot (d. 2015).
- Anthony Eyton: English painter and educator.
- Fire during closing day ceremonies at Grover Cleveland School (SC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Love Sends a Little Gift of Roses - Columbia Orchestra
- Wonderful One - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra