Tuesday 15 May 1923
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Avedon and Doris Dowling.
Jack and the Beanstalk, directed by Gary J. Tunnicliffe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 May 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1923!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1923 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Richard Avedon: American photographer who is best known for his commercial work in fashion photography as well as his portraits giving the viewer an immediate emotional impact.
- Doris Dowling
- Jean Mambrino
- Johnny Walker: Indian actor (d. 2003).
- John Lanchbery: English-Australian composer and conductor (d. 2003).
- Cooperation of Dutch Molen forms
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Love Sends a Little Gift of Roses - Columbia Orchestra
- Wonderful One - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra