Sunday 6 May 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elizabeth Sellars and Guiseppe Martelli.
Drakula halála, directed by Kroly Lajthay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1923 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Elizabeth Sellars: Glasgow, Scotland -- Actress (Chalk Garden).
- Guiseppe Martelli: Physicist.
- Abdon Alinovi: Italian politician, president of the Anti-Mafia Commission.
- Alberto Dall'Ora: Italian prosecuting attorney; famous for noted clients and for the Lockheed case.
- Harry Watson: Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 2002).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 May 1923
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Okeh Laughing Record - Okeh Laughing Record
- Love Sends a Little Gift of Roses - Bar Harbor Society Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?