Sunday 27 May 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lord Freyberg and Henry Kissinger.
The White Rose, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1923!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1923 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Lord Freyberg: British Colonel of General Staff.
- Henry Kissinger: German-American government official, advisor, negotiator and Secretary of State under President Nixon who was honored with the Nobel Peace Prize in 1973 and the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1977.
- Jacques Lunis: France sport Champion.
- Danilo Martelli: France sport Champion.
- Sumner Redstone: American businessman and philanthropist.
- The Ku Klux Klan in the United States defies a law requiring publication of its members.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 May 1923
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1923 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Dreamy Melody - Art Landry & His Orchestra
- Saw Mill River Road - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- You Know You Belong to Somebody Else (So Why Don't You Leave Me Alone) - Henry Burr
- Underneath the Mellow Moon - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?