Saturday 25 May 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Miguel Tejada and Dennis Stallings.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Streak by Ray Stevens.
In UK Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes was in the top 5 hits.
Bootleggers, directed by Charles B. Pierce, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Partners by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Thick as Thieves.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Gran Trak 10.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 May 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1974!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1974 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Miguel Tejada: Dominican-American baseball player.
- Dennis Stallings: linebacker (Tennessee Oilers).
- Dougie Freedman: Scottish footballer and manager.
- Frank Klepacki: American drummer and composer (Home Cookin' and I Am).
- Donald Crisp: British actor who had a durable career, beginning in 1911, with silent leads.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Chicago - (I've Been) Searchin' So Long
- Joni Mitchell - Help Me
Top #10 R&B songs
- Aretha Franklin - I'm In Love
- William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got
- The O'Jays - For The Love Of Money
- Stevie Wonder - Don't You Worry 'bout A Thing
- Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swinging
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- James Brown - The Payback
- Harold Melvin And The Blue Notes - Satisfaction Guaranteed (Or Take Your Love Back)
- Graham Central Station - Can You Handle It?
- Bill Withers - The Same Love That Made Me Laugh
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?