Friday May 24, 1974US date format: 5/24/1974, UK date format: 24/5/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 24, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Thorbjørn Harr and Maria Vento-Kabchi.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Streak by Ray Stevens.
In UK Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes was in the top 5 hits.
Bootleggers, directed by Charles B. Pierce, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while I Heard The Owl Call My Name by Margaret Craven was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Old Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Qwak! or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 May 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1974!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1974 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Thorbjørn Harr
- Maria Vento-Kabchi
- Florence Baverel-Robert: French biathlete who competed in the biathlon at the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin, Italy.
- Marcus Coleman: free safety (New York Jets).
- Maria Alejandra Vento in Caracas: Venezuela; tennis star (1995 Futures-Braz).
- Natalie Neaton in Royal Oak: Michigan, USA; soccer forward (Olympics-1996).
- Sebastien Foucan: French actor and free-runner.
- Ken Jennings: Celebrity.
- Masahide Kobayashi: Japanese baseball player and coach.
- Magnus Manske: German biochemist and computer programmer developed MediaWiki.
- Will Sasso: Canadian actor producer and screenwriter.
- Sébastien Foucan: French runner and actor.
- Jewe Jewel: Musician.
- Ace Custis: NBA forward (Dallas Mavericks).
- Dean Martin Show, last airs on NBC-TV
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1974?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Chicago - (I've Been) Searchin' So Long
- Joni Mitchell - Help Me
Top #10 R&B songs
- Aretha Franklin - I'm In Love
- William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got
- The O'Jays - For The Love Of Money
- Stevie Wonder - Don't You Worry 'bout A Thing
- Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swinging
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- James Brown - The Payback
- Harold Melvin And The Blue Notes - Satisfaction Guaranteed (Or Take Your Love Back)
- Graham Central Station - Can You Handle It?
- Bill Withers - The Same Love That Made Me Laugh
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?