Saturday 11 May 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Juffing and Benoit Magimel.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Loco-Motion by Grand Funk.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, directed by John Hough, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Maze War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1974!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1974 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Roger Juffing: soccer player (Fortuna Sittard).
- Benoit Magimel: French actor.
- Billy Kidman: American professional wrestler.
- Benoît Magimel: French actor, he began his career very early (aged 14) in "Life is a long quiet river" directed by Etienne Chatillez.
- Kevin Brown: English-born Canadian ice hockey player.
- Stanley Gene: Papua New Guinean rugby league footballer
- Darren Ward: English-Welsh footballer and coach
- Bad, Bad Leroy Brown by Frank Sinatra hits #83
- Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield hits #7
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 May 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On
- Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Chicago - (I've Been) Searchin' So Long
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?