Saturday May 11, 1974US date format: 5/11/1974, UK date format: 11/5/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 11, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Benoît Magimel and Nicolas Troussel.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Loco-Motion by Grand Funk.
In UK Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes was in the top 5 hits.
Dial M for Murder, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Working by Studs Terkel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Old Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Qwak! or Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 May 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1974!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1974 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Benoît Magimel: French actor, he began his career very early (aged 14) in "Life is a long quiet river" directed by Etienne Chatillez.
- Nicolas Troussel
- Billy Kidman: American professional wrestler.
- Kevin Brown: English-born Canadian ice hockey player.
- Roger Juffing: soccer player (Fortuna Sittard).
- Darren Ward: English-Welsh footballer and coach.
- Stanley Gene: Papua New Guinean rugby league footballer.
- Benoit Magimel: French actor.
- Bad, Bad Leroy Brown by Frank Sinatra hits #83
- Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield hits #7
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On
- Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Chicago - (I've Been) Searchin' So Long
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- James Brown - The Payback
- Stevie Wonder - Don't You Worry 'bout A Thing
- Aretha Franklin - I'm In Love
- Al Green - Let's Get Married
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- Harold Melvin And The Blue Notes - Satisfaction Guaranteed (Or Take Your Love Back)
- MFSB Featuring The Three Degrees - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got
- Summer Breeze (Part 1) - The Isley Brothers
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?