Saturday 18 May 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nelson Figueroa and Chantal Kreviazuk.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Streak by Ray Stevens.
In UK Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes was in the top 5 hits.
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, directed by Michael Cimino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Come Nineveh, Come Tyre by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Qwak! or Maze War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1974!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1974 ?
- Nelson Figueroa: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Chantal Kreviazuk: Canadian singer-songwriter and pianist.
- Valmo Kriisa: Estonian basketball player.
- Daniel R Topping: US owner (New York Yankees), dies at age 61.
- Streak by Ray Stevens hits #1
- 100th Preakness: Miguel Rivera aboard Current Little wins in 1:54.6.
- India becomes sixth nation to explode an atomic bomb.
- Nuclear test: under project Smiling Buddha, India successfully detonates its first nuclear weapon becoming the sixth nation to do so.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
- Chicago - (I've Been) Searchin' So Long
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?