Wednesday May 15, 1974US date format: 5/15/1974, UK date format: 15/5/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 15, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ahmet Zappa and A J Hinch in Wavely.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Streak by Ray Stevens.
In UK Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes was in the top 5 hits.
Welcome to Arrow Beach, directed by Laurence Harvey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Old Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 May 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1974!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1974 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Ahmet Zappa: American singer-songwriter producer and actor.
- A J Hinch in Wavely: Iowa, USA; baseball catcher (Olympics-bronze-1996).
- Addilson dos: Santos; soccer player (Sparta).
- Shiney Ahuja: Indian actor.
- A J Hinch: Wavely, Iowa -- Baseball catcher (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Matthew Sadler: English chess player and author.
- Marko Tredup: German footballer and manager.
- Vassilis Kikilias: Greek basketball player and politician.
- Walter Scheel succeeds Heinemann as president of Germany.
- Ma'alot massacre: In an Arab terrorist attack and hostage taking at an Israeli school, a total of 31 people are killed, including 22 schoolchildren.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
- Chicago - (I've Been) Searchin' So Long
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
Top #10 R&B songs
- Aretha Franklin - I'm In Love
- Stevie Wonder - Don't You Worry 'bout A Thing
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got
- James Brown - The Payback
- Harold Melvin And The Blue Notes - Satisfaction Guaranteed (Or Take Your Love Back)
- The O'Jays - For The Love Of Money
- Al Green - Let's Get Married
- Graham Central Station - Can You Handle It?
- Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swinging
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?