Wednesday December 25, 1901, Christmas
US date format: 12/25/1901, UK date format: 25/12/1901
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 25, 1901). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Alice C and Princess Alice.
William Tell, directed by Jonathan Haswell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 25, 1901?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Battle at Tweefontein Orange-Free state: Boers surprise attack British.