Saturday 14 March 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lee Petty and Jiri Reinberger.
A Trip to the Moon, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 March 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1914!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1914 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Lee Petty: American race-car champion, a famous driver.
- Jiri Reinberger: composer.
- Lee Elhardt Hays: American folk singer (d. 1981).
- Henry Ralph: Carr soldier.
- Lee Hays: American singer-songwriter (The Weavers and Almanac Singers) (d. 1981).
- Bill Owen: English actor and songwriter (d. 1999).
- Pierre Montet: French aviator, alias Chistian Martell.
- Serbia and Turkey sign peace treaty.