Saturday 14 March 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henry Ralph and Jiri Reinberger.
The Romance of Mignon, directed by Cesira Lenard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while T. Tembarom by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1914!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1914 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Henry Ralph: Carr soldier.
- Jiri Reinberger: composer.
- Lee Elhardt Hays: American folk singer (d. 1981).
- Pierre Montet: French aviator, alias Chistian Martell.
- Lee Petty: American race-car champion, a famous driver.
- Lee Hays: American singer-songwriter (The Weavers and Almanac Singers) (d. 1981)
- Bill Owen: English actor and songwriter (d. 1999)
- Serbia and Turkey sign peace treaty.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Comin' Thro' the Rye - Nellie Melba
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?