Wednesday 25 November 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Matt Clark and Trisha Brown.
Great Guy, directed by John G. Blystone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching London Characters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 1936!
Which were the important events of 25 November 1936 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- Matt Clark: Washington, DC -- Actor / director (Return to Oz, Horror Show).
- Trisha Brown: American dancer and choreographer.
- Germany and Japan sign the Anti-Comintern Pact, to cooperate in defense against Communistic International. Germany and Japan will share information on Comintern activities, and invite other states to adopt anti-Comintern defensive measures. Secret clause: both agree that if one is attacked or threatened, the other would not relieve the position of the Soviet Union, and both would not conclude political treaties with the Soviet Union that did not conform with spirit of the pact. The pact is in
- The Abraham Lincoln Brigade sails from New York City on its way to the Spanish Civil War.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1936 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- It's De-Lovely - Shep Fields & His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?