Wednesday November 25, 1936
US date format: 11/25/1936, UK date format: 25/11/1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on November 25, 1936). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Stanley Baldwin (Conservative), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Michael Morris Baron Naseby and Trisha Brown.
Camille, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Cabaret Cartoons.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 25, 1936?
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- Germany and Japan sign the Anti-Comintern Pact, to cooperate in defense against Communistic International. Germany and Japan will share information on Comintern activities, and invite other states to adopt anti-Comintern defensive measures. Secret clause: both agree that if one is attacked or threatened, the other would not relieve the position of the Soviet Union, and both would not conclude political treaties with the Soviet Union that did not conform with spirit of the pact. The pact is in
- The Abraham Lincoln Brigade sails from New York City on its way to the Spanish Civil War.
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial