Friday 20 November 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Don DeLillo and Charles Larson.
Lloyd's of London, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Drums Along the Mohawk by Walter D. Edmonds was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching London Characters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 1936!
Which were the important events of 20 November 1936 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
- Don DeLillo: American author and playwright.
- Charles Larson: American admiral (d. 2014).
- Bill Wallis: English actor (d. 2013).
- Buenaventura Durruti: Spanish anarchist (Born 1896).
- Jose Antonio Primo de Rivera, founder of the Falange, is killed by a republican execution squad.
- A levee failure and continued massive rain at the Mitsubishi Osarizawa mine, Kazuno, northeastern Akita, Japan, results in at least 375 deaths.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1936 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- It's De-Lovely - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?