Tuesday 24 November 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Great Guy, directed by John G. Blystone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while The Last Puritan by George Santayana was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching London Characters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1936!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1936 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 November
- Pacifist / anti fascist writer Carl Von Ossietzky sent to concentration camp, award Nobel Peace Prize
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1936 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- It's De-Lovely - Shep Fields & His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?