Monday 9 November 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Robert Graham and Bob Graham.
The Plainsman, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching London Characters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1936!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1936 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Daniel Robert Graham: American politician.
- Bob Graham: American politician, Senator from Florida beginning in 1987, who made an unsuccessful bids to gain his Democratic Party's nomination for President in 2003.
- Mary Travers: American singer who teamed up with Peter Yarrow and Paul Stookey in 1961 as the singing group "Peter, Paul and Mary.
- Teddy Infuhr: American former child actor (Born 1936).
- Mikhail Tal: Latvian-Russian chess player and author (d. 1992).
- Albanian government of Frasheri falls
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?