Thursday 19 November 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Emin Aristakesian and Michel Decoust.
Lloyd's of London, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Sparkenbroke by Charles Morgan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching London Characters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 November 1936!
Which were the important events of 19 November 1936 ?
- Emin Aristakesian: Composer.
- Michel Decoust: Composer.
- Dick Cavett in Kearney: Nebraska, USA; talk show host (Dick Cavett Show).
- Yuan T Lee: Taiwanese-born chemist, Nobel Prize laureate.
- Dick Cavett: American talk-show host, a born natural with intellect, humor, tattle and interaction; continuous TV exposure from the 60's.
- Ray Collins: American singer (The Mothers of Invention) (d. 2012)
- Yuan Lee: Taiwanese-American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
- Buenaventura Durruti: Spanish anarchists army leader, dies in battle.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1936 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- It's De-Lovely - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?