Monday 26 August 1912
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Léo Marjane and Henri Pastoureau.
The Voice of Conscience, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 August 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1912!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1912 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- Léo Marjane: French singer who reached the peak of her popularity in the late 1930s and early 1940s before her career went into sharp decline after the end of World War II.
- Henri Pastoureau
- 32nd US Mens Tennis: M E McLoughlin beats W F Johnson (36 26 62 64 62)
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I Love You Truly - Elsie Baker
- Everybody's Doin' It Two-Step - Arthur Pryor's Band
- Naughty Marietta Intermezzo - Victor Herbert & His Orchestra
- Silver Threads Among the Gold - John McCormack