Thursday 15 August 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 15, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Julia Child and Wendy Hiller.
Metamorphoses, directed by Christophe Honoré, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1912!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1912 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Julia Child: American chef and writer of over nine cookbooks, appearing in more than three hundred television shows.
- Wendy Hiller: England, United Kingdom -- Actress (Major Barbara, David Copperfield).
- Monty Finniston: Scottish metallurgist, educational administrator and businessman, he became Chairman of British Steel in 1973, the year he was knighted.
- Guido Morselli: Italian novelist and essayist.
- Amir Khan: Indian singer (d. 1974).
- Wijnanda M C "Nan" Aberson: Friend of Gerard Reve Sr.
- Abbe Pierre: French priest (Born 1912).
- Dame Wendy Hiller: English actress (d. 2003).
- Yankee Guy Zinn sets record by stealing home twice in a game
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'd Love to Live in Loveland with a Girl Like You - Walter Van Brunt
- Enrico Caruso - Dreams of Long Ago
- Battle Hymn of the Republic - Columbia Mixed Quartette