Thursday 15 August 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wijnanda M C "Nan" Aberson and Dame Wendy Hiller.
The Blind Man's Sacrifice, directed by Giuseppe de Liguoro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1912!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1912 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Wijnanda M C "Nan" Aberson: Friend of Gerard Reve Sr.
- Dame Wendy Hiller: English actress (d. 2003).
- Julia Child: American chef and writer of over nine cookbooks, appearing in more than three hundred television shows.
- Monty Finniston: Scottish metallurgist, educational administrator and businessman, he became Chairman of British Steel in 1973, the year he was knighted.
- Guido Morselli: Italian novelist and essayist.
- Wendy Hiller: England, United Kingdom -- Actress (Major Barbara, David Copperfield)
- Amir Khan: Indian singer (d. 1974)
- Yankee Guy Zinn sets record by stealing home twice in a game
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 August 1912
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A Stein Song - Reed Miller
- Under the Love Tree - Heidelberg Quintet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?