Friday 2 August 1912
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bela Szigeti and Ann Dvorak [McKim].
The Blind Man's Sacrifice, directed by Giuseppe de Liguoro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while Their Yesterdays by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1912!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1912 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Ann Dvorak [McKim]: NYC, New York -- Actress (G Men, Life of Her Own, Scarface).
- Bela Szigeti: Theoretical physicist.
- Vladimir Zerjavic: Croatian statistician (d. 2001).
- Gwen Plumb: Australian actress and comedienne who began her career in 1931 as a member of Gwen Meridith's Drama Club.
- Palle Huld: Danish actor (Born 1912).
- Håkon Stenstadvold: Norwegian painter illustrator and critic (d. 1977).
- Vladimir Žerjavić: Croatian economist and author (d. 2001).
- 18th US Golf Open: John McDermott shoots a 294 at Country Club - Buffalo, New York
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1912 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Oh Mr. Dream Man (Please Let Me Dream Some More) - Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?