Sunday 4 August 1912
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 4, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Raoul Wallenberg and Jeannine Barbulée.
The Portrait of Lady Anne, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1912!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1912 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Raoul Wallenberg: Swedish humanitarian (exact date of death uncertain) (Born 1912).
- Jeannine Barbulée
- David Raksin: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Composer (Modern Times).
- Raoul Wallenberg: Swedish businessman and diplomat from a wealthy family who effectively pulled off the rescue of more than 12,000 Hungarian Jews as WW II was drawing to a close.
- Aleksandr Aleksandrov: Russian mathematician physicist and mountaineer (d. 1999).
- United States occupation of Nicaragua: U.S. Marines land from the USS ''Annapolis'' in Nicaragua to support the conservative government at its request.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A Girl Like Me - Elizabeth Wheeler & Lyric Quartet
- Martha - Quartetto Nocturno (Good Night Quartet) - Enrico Caruso & Frances Alda & Marcel Journet