Monday 19 August 1912
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Constance Worth and Austin Dobson.
La vida de Jose Rizal, directed by Edward M. Gross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Melting of Molly by Maria Thompson Davies was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1912!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1912 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
Famous Birthdays:19 August
- Alfonse Hasselmans: Composer, dies at 67.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Battle Hymn of the Republic - Columbia Mixed Quartette
- I'd Love to Live in Loveland with a Girl Like You - Walter Van Brunt
- Enrico Caruso - Dreams of Long Ago
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?