Thursday 29 August 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emil Schumacher and Jacques Eyser.
La vida de Jose Rizal, directed by Edward M. Gross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Winning of Barbara Worth by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1912!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1912 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Emil Schumacher: German painter (Tangible Objects).
- Jacques Eyser: French actor.
- Lucien Leger: France Scientist.
- Serge Bromberger: Chatillon Journalist.
- Sohn Kee-chung: South Korean runner (d. 2002).
- Barry Sullivan: American actor and director (d. 1994)
- Wolfgang Suschitzky: Austrian-English cinematographer and photographer
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1912 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Hypnotic Scene - Mike and Meyer - Weber & Fields
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?