Saturday 10 August 1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 10, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jorge Amado and Richard Reeves.
Metamorphoses, directed by Christophe Honoré, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 August 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1912!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1912 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Jorge Amado: Brazilian writer whose 32 books were translated into some 50 languages.
- Herman Strategier: Dutch Organist / composer / conductor.
- Richard Reeves: NYC, New York -- Actor (Murph-Date With an Angel).
- Romain Maes: Belgian cyclist who won the 1935 Tour de France after wearing the yellow jersey of leadership from beginning to end.
- Makio Murayama: American biochemist.
- Ivo Samkalden: Dutch Labour politician, jurist, minister of justice and Mayor of Amsterdam.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A Stein Song - Reed Miller
- Under the Love Tree - Heidelberg Quintet