Tuesday 20 August 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Suzanne Maurice and Philip Kapleau.
La vida de Jose Rizal, directed by Edward M. Gross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1912!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1912 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Suzanne Maurice
- Philip Kapleau: Founder (Rochester Zen Center in New Haven).
- John Michaelis: American general (d. 1985).
- William Booth: British Methodist minister who withdrew from the Church in 1861 to dedicate his life to work among the poor.
- Washingston Senator Carl Cushion no-hits Cleveland Indians, 2-0 in 6 innings
- Plant Quarantine Act goes into effect.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Enrico Caruso - Dreams of Long Ago
- I'd Love to Live in Loveland with a Girl Like You - Walter Van Brunt
- Battle Hymn of the Republic - Columbia Mixed Quartette
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?