Tuesday 20 August 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 20, 1912). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Suzanne Maurice and Philip Kapleau.
Metamorphoses, directed by Christophe Honoré, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 August 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1912!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1912 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Suzanne Maurice
- Philip Kapleau: Founder (Rochester Zen Center in New Haven).
- John Michaelis: American general (d. 1985).
- William Booth: British Methodist minister who withdrew from the Church in 1861 to dedicate his life to work among the poor.
- Washingston Senator Carl Cushion no-hits Cleveland Indians, 2-0 in 6 innings
- Plant Quarantine Act goes into effect.