Sunday 25 August 1912
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Erich Honecker and Ted Key.
La vida de Jose Rizal, directed by Edward M. Gross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Winning of Barbara Worth by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1912!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1912 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Erich Honecker: German politician, the President of East Germany from 5/3/1971 to 10/18/1989.
- Ted Key: American writer and cartoonist who was the creator of the strip "Hazel.
- 1st time an aircraft recovers from a spin
- Different nationalities battle with each other in Macedonia
- The Kuomintang, the Chinese nationalist party, is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1912 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Hypnotic Scene - Mike and Meyer - Weber & Fields
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?