Tuesday 6 August 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard C Miller and Werna Gerhardsen.
The Blind Man's Sacrifice, directed by Giuseppe de Liguoro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Street Called Straight by Basil King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1912!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1912 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Richard C Miller: American photographer (d. 2010).
- Werna Gerhardsen: Norwegian politician of the Labour Party.
- Georges Sellon: Marseille Military man.
- Richard Miller: American photographer (d. 2010).
- The Bull Moose Party meets at the Chicago Coliseum.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Martha - Quartetto Nocturno (Good Night Quartet) - Enrico Caruso & Frances Alda & Marcel Journet
- A Girl Like Me - Elizabeth Wheeler & Lyric Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?