Saturday 26 January 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frédéric Lodéon and Thomas Edward Henderson.
Colorado Sundown, directed by William Witney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Forrestal Diaries by Walter Millis and E.S. Duffield was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 January 1952
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1952!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1952 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Frédéric Lodéon
- Thomas Edward Henderson: South Carolina, United States -- Basketballer (1972 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Mario Runco Jr in the Bronx: New York, USA; Lieutenant-Commander US Navy/astronaut (STS 44, 54, 77).
- Black Saturday in Egypt: rioters burn Cairo's central business district, targeting British and upper-class Egyptian businesses.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1952 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- A Kiss To Build A Dream On - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
- Johnnie Ray & Four Lads - Here Am I - Broken Hearted
- Johnnie Ray & Four Lads - Please, Mr. Sun
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?