Saturday 26 January 1935
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Ronnefeld and Zbigniew Penherski.
Texas Terror, directed by R.N. Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Good-bye, Mr. Chips by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1935!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1935 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Peter Ronnefeld: Composer.
- Zbigniew Penherski: Composer.
- Henry Jordan in Emporia: Virginia, USA; NFL defensive tackle (Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers).
- Bob Uecker in Milwaukee: Wisconsin, USA; catcher/actor (Mr Belvedere).
- Corrado Augias: Italian journalist, writer and TV host.
- Henry Jordan: American football player. He played in the NFL from 1957 to 1969 and died on 21 February 1977.
- Carlo Mazza: Italian entrepreneur and industrialist who was shot under mysterious circumstances on 2/09/1986. His lover, a Russian ballerina, was the beneficiary of his insurance policy. With her ex-husband she was accused of murdering Mazza but both were acquitted at the conclusion of their trial.
- Bob Uecker: American baseball player sportscaster and actor
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?