Friday 25 January 1952
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 25, 1952). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lee Strobel and Whit Stillman.
Colorado Sundown, directed by William Witney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Cruel Sea by Nicholas Monsarrat was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 January 1952
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1952!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1952 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Whit Stillman: Director.
- Lee Strobel: Author.
- Oriella Dorella: Italian ballet dancer, who studied at La Scala Theatre Ballet School for 8 years, and in 1975 made her official debut as a dancer, becoming the 'étoile' (star) of La Scala Theatre Ballet in 1986.
- Peter Tatchell: Australian-born British political campaigner best known for his work with LGBT social movements (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender).
- Sara Mandiano: French singer and songwriter.
- Timothy White: American journalist author and critic (d. 2002).
- Test debut of Richie Benaud, versus West Indies at the Sydney Cricket Ground.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1952 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- A Kiss To Build A Dream On - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
- Here Am I - Broken Hearted - Johnnie Ray & Four Lads
- Please, Mr. Sun - Johnnie Ray & Four Lads
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?