Saturday 12 January 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frédéric Valabrègue and Campy Russell.
In UK Here In My Heart by Al Martino was in the top 5 hits.
The Greatest Show on Earth, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Joseph Schildkraut Presents.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1952!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 12 January 1952 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Frédéric Valabrègue
- Campy Russell
- Rocky Berlier: American pro astrologer and owner of the largest metaphysical bookstore in Arizona.
- Jerry Lamb: American prison inmate, arrested for theft and burglary 7/25/1992.
- John Walker: New Zealand middle distance runner.
- Charles Faulkner: American-English computer programmer and author.
- Walter Mosley: American author and actor.
- Phil Perry: American singer-songwriter and producer.
- Ricky Van Shelton in Danville: Virginia, USA; country musician ("Somebody Lied", "From a Jack to a King", "Rockin' Years").
- NFL Pro Bowl: National Conference beats American Conference 30-13.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?