Sunday 6 January 1952, Epiphany
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Armelia McQueen in North Carolina and Grant Goodeve in New Haven.
In UK Here In My Heart by Al Martino was in the top 5 hits.
Room for One More, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dangerous Assignment.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1952!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1952 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Armelia McQueen in North Carolina: USA; (Brooklyn Conservatory), actress.
- Grant Goodeve in New Haven: Connecticut, USA; actor (David - Eight is Enough, Dynasty).
- Léon Brémont: French stage actor and writer, who played opposite Sarah Bernhardt in the late nineteenth century.
- Frédéric Lodéon: French classical musician, he has made several albums of chamber music as well as other classical works.
- Frank Sivero: Italian-born American actor.
- Moondog Spot: American professional wrestler (Born 1952)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 January 1952
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1952 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?