Saturday 19 January 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dewey Bunell and Martine Payfa.
Bend of the River, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Forrestal Diaries by Walter Millis and E.S. Duffield was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Continental.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1952!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1952 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Dewey Bunell: Yorkshire, England -- Rock guitarist (America-Daisy Jane).
- Martine Payfa: Belgian politician, engaged in local politics in the Brussels area for the FDF Fédéralistes Démocrates Francophones.
- Robledo Puch: Argentinean homicide; began a life of crime at about 19 that eventually included 14 murders, 50 robberies and several rapes.
- NFL takes control of New York Yanks
- PGA approves allowing black participants.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?