Thursday 28 June 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carl M Levin and Thomas Olsen.
Of Human Bondage, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Lamb in His Bosom by Caroline Miller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1934!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1934 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Carl M Levin: (Sen-D Michigan, 1979- ).
- Thomas Olsen: American a Major General who served in the United States Air Force.
- Robert Carswell: Baron Carswell Irish lawyer and judge Lord Chief Justice of Northern Ireland.
- Roy Gilchrist: Jamaican cricketer (d. 2001).
- Bette Greene: American journalist and author.
- Carl Levin: United States Senator from Michigan
- Georges Wolinski: Tunisian-French journalist and cartoonist (d. 2015)
- Hitler flies to Essen (Night of Long Knifes)
- Division of Grazing created within the Department of the Interior.
- The Nazi SA camp Oranienburg becomes a national camp, taken over by the SS.
- Night of the Long Knives: Nazis purge the SA.
- Bureau of Air Commerce under Department of Commerce.
- The world famous Brookfield Zoo opens in Brookfield, Illinois.
- The Hays Office censorship code for motion pictures goes into full effect in the United States.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?