Sunday 26 October 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jaclyn Smith and Hillary Rodham Clinton.
Forever Amber, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Handle Bar.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 26 October 1947 ?
- Nauru - Angam Day
- Austria - National Day: Anniversary of the Declaration of Neutrality (1955)
- Also see October 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Quadragesimus
- St. Rusticus
- St. Gibitrudis
- St. Fulk
- St. Eadfrid
- St. Demetrius (aka St. Dimitrios) of Thessaloniki
- St. Cuthbert
- St. Cedd
- St. Alfred the Great
- Roman festivals - first day of Ludi Victoriae Sullanae (until 1 November)
- R.C. Saints - October 26th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bean
- St. Evaristus
- St. Lucian
- St. Albinus
- St. Rogatian
- Jaclyn Smith: American actress.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton: First Lady of the United States and Senator from New York.
- Michèle Bernard: French singer-songwriter.
- Hillary Clinton: American attorney and First Lady of the U.S.
- John Robbins: American heir to the Baskin-Robbins fortune, groomed from youth to take over the world's largest ice-cream company.
- Ricardo Asch: Argentinian gynecologist and endocrinologist
- Ian Ashley: German-English race car driver
- Reg Empey: Northern Irish businessman and politician Lord Mayor of Belfast
- Trevor Joyce: Irish poet and scholar
- Kenzo Kitakata: Japanese author
- Canon Edwin Sidney Savage: English rector (Born 1862).
- The Maharaja of Kashmir agrees to allow his kingdom to join India.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 October 1947
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Mickey - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- Dinah Shore - You Do
- I Wish I Didn't Love You So - Dick Haymes
- Kokomo, Indiana - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?