Monday 27 August 2007US date format: 8/27/2007, UK date format: 27/8/2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 27, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ariana Greenblatt .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
Gone Baby Gone, directed by Ben Affleck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy with Nathan Whitaker was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Marimar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Professor Layton or Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 August 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 2007!
Which were the important events of 27 August 2007 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Emma Penella: Spanish actress (Born 1930).
- United States Attorney General Alberto Gonzales announces his resignation, to be effective September 17.
- The skeletal remains of Alexei Nikolaevich, Tsarevich of Russia, and his sister Anastasia are found near Yekaterinburg, Russia.
- Taliban rebels release 5 more South Koreans they are keeping hostage since July.
- Michael Vick, former National Football League star, arrived in US Federal Circuit Court in Richmond, Virginia and pleads guilty to federal dogfighting charges and then issues a public apology at the Omni Richmond Hotel. Sentencing by U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson will be in December 2007. LA times
- Muhammed Ishaq Khakwani resigns as Pakistan minister of state for Information Technology over General Pervez Musharraf campaigning for re-election as the President of Pakistan while still an army officer. (The Hindu)
- In a ''Der Spiegel'' report, Chinese hackers are accused of breaking into the computer systems of the German Chancellor's office and three other government ministries. (Forbes).
- The Montreal Metro Green Line and most of Downtown that were closed off on Friday reopens. Emergency reparation are made on a nearby building whose concrete side panels were in danger of falling off. The Bay considers suing the city, alleging that construction work is the source of the cracks. (Radio-Canada)
- U.S. Senator Larry Craig (R-Idaho) is revealed to have pleaded guilty on August 8 to a charge of disorderly conduct at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. (McClatchy Post Bulletin)
- Indonesia's karate team boycotts an Asian championship in Malaysia to protest at the beating of one of its official referees by the local police. (AFP via Yahoo! News)
- United States Attorney General Alberto Gonzales announces his resignation. (NYT)
- Southeast Asian nations will seek $2 billion to build a rail link from Kunming in China to Singapore. (Reuters)
- Continuation of an equine influenza outbreak in Australia could threaten security at next week's APEC meeting (AP via IHT)
- A fire breaks out at the Jebel Ali port in the United Arab Emirates, triggering explosions at a chemical storage depot. (Reuters)
- The Vatican establishes a low cost charter flight service to Catholic shrines in France, Poland, Spain and the Middle East for pilgrims. (BBC)
- A report from the National People's Congress environment and resources protection committee finds that high levels of pollution in the Huai River and its tributaries poses a ampquotthreat to the water safety of one sixth of the country's 1.3 billion populationampquot. (Reuters via ABC News Australia)
- Former Deputy Prime Minister of the United Kingdom John Prescott announces he will retire as a Member of Parliament at the next election. (BBC)
- The Flight Data Recorder is retrieved from the wreckage of Adam Air Flight 574. (Wikinews)
- Bluegrass Army Depot Sarin(GB) leak in Lexington, Kentucky. Officials reported the Sarin levels 85 times above the safe limit. The first leak was detected at 3:49PM.
Sport Games on 27 August 2007
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Mechelen - Club Brugge : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Augsburg - Freiburg : 1 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Aldershot - Crawley Town : 0 - 1
- Burton - Farsley : 1 - 0
- Cambridge - Ebbsfleet : 1 - 1
- Exeter - Weymouth : 0 - 0
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Setubal - Nacional : 1 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Let It Go - Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim
- Shawty - Plies Featuring T-Pain
- Ne-Yo - Do You
- When I See U - Fantasia
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- J. Holiday - Bed
- Make Me Better - Fabolous Featuring Ne-Yo
- Crank That (Soulja Boy) - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Bartender - T-Pain Featuring Akon
- Same Girl - R. Kelly Duet With Usher
Top #10 Latin songs
- Y Si Te Digo - Fanny Lu
- Basta Ya - Conjunto Primavera
- De Ti Exclusivo - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Lagrimas Del Corazon - Grupo Montez de Durango
- Ella Me Levanto - Daddy Yankee
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- Gloria Estefan - No Llores
- Aventura - Mi Corazoncito
- Cuisillos - Mil Heridas
- Por Amarte Asi - Alacranes Musical
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
When YouTube pitched its new advertising format to me, it described the semitransparent ads it is overlaying on videos as “something that has not been available before.” It probably should have added: “on YouTube.”. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.09
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $110.90
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $74.06
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $48.00
- 1 CAD = 1.1404 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9933 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.8707 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4177 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?