Tuesday 27 December 1910
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Olson and Neville Crump.
La digue, directed by Abel Gance, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while Simon the Jester by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1910!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1910 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Charles Olson: American poet and educator (d. 1970).
- Neville Crump: racehorse trainer.
- Jack Massey: groundsman.
- Jacques Guillon: French naval officer, who died in Meriot on 8 December 1997.
- Herman Van Wissen: Dutch sculptor and landscape painter, who worked mostly with Siberian chalk, watercolor, tempera and oil painting.
- No?l Daum: Nancy Military man.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Play That Barber-Shop Chord - American Quartet
- Play That Barber-Shop Chord - Bert Williams
- Every Little Movement - Henry Burr & Elise Stevenson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?