Saturday 24 December 1910, Christmas Eve
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Pickering and Fritz Leiber.
Bewitched, directed by Nora Ephron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 December 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1910!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1910 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- William Pickering
- Fritz Leiber: American author and poet (d. 1992).
- Mitchell Ayres: Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- Orchestra leader (Hollywood Palace).
- Paul Crespelle: Nogent sur Marne Journalist.
- Betty Ann Davies: London, England -- Actress (Tough Guy).
- Max Miedinger: typeface designer, famous for creating Helvetica in 1957.
- Ellen Braumüller: German javelin thrower and triathlete (d. 1991).
- Fritz [Reuter] Leiber Jr: United States -- Sci-fi author (Bazaar of the Bizarre).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Play That Barber-Shop Chord - American Quartet
- Play That Barber-Shop Chord - Bert Williams
- Every Little Movement - Henry Burr & Elise Stevenson