Tuesday 13 December 1910
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Van Heflin and Lillian Roth [Rutstein].
Little Snow White, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while The Kingdom of Slender Swords by Hallie Erminie Rives was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1910!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1910 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Van Heflin: Walters, Oklahoma -- Actor (Great Adventure, Madame Bovary).
- Lillian Roth [Rutstein]: Singer / actress (Animal Crackers).
- Silver: American prodigy, world famed by 14 for being an orator, philosopher, scientist and writer.
- Fritz Tillmann: German actor on stage, in film and on television in a career that spanned several decades.
- Kenneth Patchen: Niles Writer.
- Pieres Lacour: Moissy-Cramayel EXecutives.
- Sol Saks: American actor producer and screenwriter (d. 2011).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1910 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Silver Bell - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?