Friday 27 December 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Cliff and Pete Brown.
The Reluctant Dragon, directed by Alfred L. Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Mrs. Miniver by Jan Struther was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1940!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 27 December 1940 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1940 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I Give You My Word - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- So You're the One - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- Along the Santa Fe Trail - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- There I Go - Will Bradley & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?