Sunday 27 December 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ivan Sutton and Giuseppe Berto.
Time Lock No. 776, directed by Hal Reid, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while T. Tembarom by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1914!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1914 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Ivan Sutton: British concert promoter.
- Giuseppe Berto: Italian writer (Heaven Sees Red).
- Jean Diwo: French journalist and writer, a reporter for Paris Match, who later founded and directed the magazine "Tele 7 Jours" from 1960 to 1981.
- Nicolas Marin Rabbit: Costa Rican hero of the National Liberation Army during the Revolution of 1948.
- Frank Martin: British sculptor, who served as head of the sculpture department of Saint Martin's School of Art from 1952 to 1979.
- Jack Latham: American journalist and actor (d. 1987)
- Charles Martin Hall: American chemist and inventor (Born 1863).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?